Chakra Series: Introduction~ A 7 Week Series
The 7 Chakras are the energy centers in our body in which energy flows through. Learn about the different chakras, what they mean in our lives, where they are located and what asanas you can practice to stimulate or balance them.
In a 7 week series we will explore the different Chakras and how the energy flows. Each class is designed to give you a view of the energy and asanas that stimulate and balance. Below is a very basic overview of the 7 Chakras. To explore and learn more I will see you in Class!
Week One: Root or Muladhara Chakra Beginning Tuesday Sept. 6th
- Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Color: Red
- Element: Earth
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
Week Two: Sacral or Svadhisthana Chakra – Beginning Tuesday Sept. 23rd
- Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences. Our center of Creativity.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in.
- Color: Orange
- Element: Water
- Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
Week Three: Solar Plexus or Manipura Chakra. Beginning Tuesday Sept. 30th
- Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Color: Yellow
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
Week Four: Heart or Anahata Chakra Beginning Tuesday Oct. 7th
- Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above heart.
- Color: Green
- Emotional issues: Love, joy, inner peace.
Week Five: Throat or Vishudda Chakra Beginning Tuesday Oct. 14th
- Our ability to communicate.
- Color: Blue
- Location: Throat.
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
Week Six: Third Eye or Ajna Chakra Beginning Tuesday Oct. 21st
- Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Color: Indigo
- Location: Forehead between the eyes. (Also called the Brow Chakra)
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
Week Seven: Crown or Sahasrara Chakra Beginning Tuesday Oct. 28th
- The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Color: Purple
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.